App Modularization has plenty of benefits and a lot of Android devs today are starting to modularize their android app.
A common problem though that most folks will start to run into is - how do you manage your database objects in these modules? do you create a single module with all your database dependencies (modularize by layer), do you do the right thing and modularize by feature so each module has it's own database file etc.?
In this episode Kaushik grapples with that question and tries to come up with an answer.
Modularization (KG's favorite resources)
- Google IO 19 : Build a modular Android app architecture
- Jeroen Mols's posts : Modularization - Why you should care
- Joe Birch's posts : Modularizing Android Appications
- Ep 117 : Multi Module Builds in Gradle
- Karen Trehan's post : Writing a modular project on Android
Vettery is an online hiring marketplace that is changing the way people hire and get hired. Make a free profile, name your salary, and connect with hiring managers from top employers today.
Listeners of Fragmented get a $300 bonus if you accept a job through Vettery! Sign up at vettery.com/fragmented
Learn UX/UI design flatironschool.com/fragmented in 24 weeks and discover our global community on campus or online and go back to school with Flatiron School! flatironschool.com/fragmented!
Change careers with confidence with 1:1 support from our dedicated Career Coaches and a money-back guarantee. Complete details at flatironschool.com/terms.
See you in class!
- Discord chat or @fragmentedcast or our Youtube channel
- @donnfelker and donnfelker (on Instagram)
- @kaushikgopal and kaushikgopal (on Instagram)