In the world of Functional programming where pure functions don't encourage side-effects, how does on actually do any IO?
So in this brave new world where everyone is adopting more FP principles, do we just stop doing database operations? Listen to this episode to find out.
Functional Programming basics
- Ep 83 : Learning the basics of functional programing with Anup Cowkur
- Ep 120 : Functional Programming with Kotlin Arrow team
- Ep 121 : Functional Programming with Kotlin Arrow team (Part 2)
Unidirectional State Flow
- Ep 148 and Ep 151
- KG's speakerdeck slide
- KG's Movie search apps Android app + iOS app
Resources for FP/IO contention
- StackOverflow Q&A
- Flying Frog Blog: Functional programming and databases
Learn UX/UI design flatironschool.com/fragmented in 24 weeks and discover our global community on campus or online and go back to school with Flatiron School! flatironschool.com/fragmented!
Change careers with confidence with 1:1 support from our dedicated Career Coaches and a money-back guarantee. Complete details at flatironschool.com/terms.
See you in class!
Vettery is an online hiring marketplace that is changing the way people hire and get hired. Make a free profile, name your salary, and connect with hiring managers from top employers today.
Listeners of Fragmented get a $300 bonus if you accept a job through Vettery! Sign up at vettery.com/fragmented
- Discord chat or @fragmentedcast or our Youtube channel
- @donnfelker and donnfelker (on Instagram)
- @kaushikgopal and kaushikgopal (on Instagram)