Today on Rootstock Radio, Chef Luke Zahm of the Driftless Cafe gets real about what it takes to be conscientious in the restaurant industry, and why serving local food is so important to the greater local food system. Tune in to hear about:
- The unique food and agriculture scene in the Driftless region of Wisconsin (which is, of course, how the Driftless Cafe got its name.)
- Why Luke and his team spend 85% of their food budget sourcing from producers within 100 miles of their restaurant.
- How Luke has made telling the stories of farmers central to his business model.
- Important conversations taking place among chefs about how to celebrate local food and farmers without grandstanding or exploiting the “trendiness” of farm-to-table.
- The difference between a fad and a revolution, according to Luke (and why organic is clearly the latter.)