Our aim with Sound of Play is to offer a diverse sample of some of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years.
For this week’s Sound of Play Leon Cox goes it alone for an almost all-request show.
Music used in this podcast:
1.Theme by Tommy V. Dunbar – Archon: The Light and the Dark, 1983
2. Metro City Slums by Manami Matsumae/Yoshihiro Sakaguchi/Yasuaki Fujita/Hiromitsu Takaoka/Yoko Shimomura/Junko Tamiya/Harumi Fujita – Final Fight, 1989
3. Frozen Battle by Iku Mizutani/Koichi Yamanishi – Dragon Fighter, 1992
4. Obscure by Daiki Kasho – Gran Turismo 3: A-spec, 2001
5. Training Facility Main Theme by Seiko Kobuchi – Resident Evil 0, 2002
6. Lyric by Ryo Koike/Wakana Hara – Ninja Gaiden, 2004
7. Fury Volcano 1 by Akira Fujiwara – Super Princess Peach, 2005
8. Galaxy Man by Yu Shimoda – Mega Man 9, 2008
9. Drums of the Enemy/Learning with Rayman by Rémi Gazel – Rayman, 1995
Sound of Play 201 was edited by Jay Taylor
Remember, it’s not just about what we like, so venture over to our forum at caneandrinse.com and put forward your own suggestions so that we might include them in future shows.