In this Sound of Play Leon Cox is joined by one of the Cane and Rinse community members, Richard Hoyle
What we aim to bring you with Sound of Play is a diverse sample of some of our favourite pieces from the many air-punching, spine-tingling, tear-jerking and grin-inducing videogame soundtracks we’ve heard over the years.
Music used in this podcast:
1. Two Dragons by Hidenori Shoji/SEGA Sound Team - Yakuza 0, 2015
2. Second Chapter ~ In the Sky by Nobuyoshi Sano/Takayuki Aihara - Drakengard (Drag-On Dragoon), 2003
3. Ryu’s Theme / Ryu’s Theme (Critical) by Yoko Shimomura - Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, 1991
4. Beach by Tim Follin/Geoff Follin - Plok, 1993
5. Interrupted by Fireworks by Nobuo Uematsu - Final Fantasy VII, 1997
6. Strategy Mode by Hannu Salonen - Atomica, 2001
7. Forgotten Vale by Jeremy Soule - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – Dawnguard, 2012
8. Trace Awakens by Thomas Happ - Axiom Verge, 2015
9. This Is the End by John Paesano - Detroit: Become Human, 2018
Sound of Play 187 was edited by Jay Taylor (@JaySevenZero)
Remember, it’s not just about what we like, so venture over to our forum at caneandrinse.com and put forward your own suggestions so that we might include them in future shows.