Telerik UI for the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) by Progress is a suite of 20+ UI controls for developers building UWP applications. It includes a wide range of controls for various application scenarios, including data management, scheduling, layout, editing, navigation, data/geo visualization, and interactivity.Join Jerry Nixon as he welcomes John Bristow and Sam Basu from Progress as they discuss how these controls allow developers to build highly-performant applications for all Windows 10 devices — desktop, tablets and phones, as well as for IoT, Xbox and VR devices.
- [03:19] What is the UI Control suite for UWP?
- [09:39] Why is this UWP Control system special?
- [12:47] How about customizing the UWP controls? Is this possible?
- [13:45] How would you describe the state of UWP today?
- [17:13] What's my experience look like when I go to a non-Windows platform using your UWP Controls?
- [19:37] What kind of guidance do you give developers who are looking for UI best practices?
- [21:41] How do get this into the my UWP application?
- [30:01] Any advice for developers who just want to build their own control?
- [33:40] Talk to us about the UWP ecosystem. How's the Community Toolkit compare to yours?
- [39:17] What does XAML Standard mean for UWP?
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:Websites & Blogs:
- Jerry Nixon's Blog
- Download the Free Open-Sourced edition here!