On this weeks show we welcome Maria De Yampert from Island Breeze Title into the Torcana podcast booth to dispel some of the myths surrounding what title agents do, how they protect buyers and sellers, exactly what services they provide and how they can sometimes save you thousands of dollars!
In my experience title agents are often undervalued and under appreciated by real estate agents and investors. I have worked with Maria for many years and she has saved myself and my colleagues a lot of time and money by doing her job very well.
Topics covered in this interview include:
- Why some states use attorneys and others use title agents
- How title agents represent both buyers and sellers
- The importance of their escrow services and how they work
- The long list of liens that can be attached to properties and how to find them
- Why it is important for owners to get their own title insurance policies
- A breakdown of closing costs on a typical transaction
- And finally, Maria tells us about how she caught a man and his girlfriend trying to sell a family home without telling the wife!
PDF Transcript of Interview:
Maria T. de Yampert
Island Breeze Title, Inc.
1135 Pasadena Ave. So., Ste 308
So. Pasadena, FL 33707
727-388-9922; Fax 727-388-6954